- The user need has been identified, but the approach to solving the problem has not yet been decided.
- The team has decided to tackle this UI pattern.
- Pattern has been listed in the Roadmap.
Includes everything from the Planned phase, as well as:
- Pattern is actively being defined. Use at risk, and with caution.
- Pattern may be generally usable for people with relatively “normal” digital literacy.
- Pattern is not approved for for use in production.
- Documentation may/may not be complete.
Includes everything in the Planned and Draft phases, as well as:
- Pattern works in multiple configurations, and with other patterns in the Style Guide.
- Pattern is usable, on multiple devices/browsers.
- Pattern considers people with multiple disabilities (blind, low vision, cognitive disabilities, motor disabilities, low language skills, low digital literacy, etc.).
- Pattern has been reviewed by internal/external teams.
- The pattern has passed any heuristic assessments.
- Documentation is complete.
- Pattern is no longer fit for purpose
- It should be removed from production, and will be removed from the Style Guide in due course.